Being unemployed can be stressful for many reasons, but Tri-City Unemployment Group is a helpful organization aiming to aid area citizens during a tough time. Their meeting tonight will cover interviewing skills and includes a networking session
And, District 304's School Board will meet tonight to discuss important policy revisions.
Here are five things happening today, Monday, Sept. 12:
1. The city of Geneva will have a at 7 p.m. inside City Council Chambers. Tonight's topics of discussion include a request from requesting use of a public parking lot for a Breast Cancer Awareness Motorcycle Run on Sept. 24, and an update on the infestation in Geneva.
A copy of the meeting agenda can be found by visiting, http://www.geneva.il.us/agendas/cow.htm.
2. Geneva School District 304 has a Board of Education meeting starting at 7 p.m. at the . Tonight's topics include a policy revisions of student personal communication devices and public attendance at school events.
A copy of the meeting agenda can be found at, https://v3.boardbook.org/Public/PublicItemDownload.aspx?mk=50034971&fn=agenda.pdf.
3. Residents on the East Side of Geneva will have this morning. For more information, including program guidelines, please see the city of Geneva's Public Works website at, http://www.geneva.il.us/Departments/PublicWorks/2011%20Brush%20Program%20Notice.pdf.
4. The Tri-City Unemployment Group will hold a seminar titled , from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at , in St. Charles. Tonight's speaker will be Keith Owens.
Owens is principal at Principle Communications, a consulting firm specializing in media relations, financial/investor relations and marketing communications. He also is a senior consultant with CommCore Consulting Group, a leading national counseling organization working in message development, spokesperson training and presentation skills.
5. Fun Fact: Today is National Chocolate Milkshake Day. Most chocolate milkshakes come out of a machine but there was a time when milkshakes were hand-dipped and made from scratch. You can still indulge yourself in a hand-dipped milkshake at , or , to name a few.