Malone Funeral Home
- Jerry P. Perrone, 88, a longtime and well known proprietor of City Barbershop in Geneva, died Sunday, Jan. 19. Jerry served his country in the U.S. Marines during WW II. Back in Geneva, Jerry joined his father at the City Barber Shop as a co-owner and barber where he was a fixture of the community for more than 75 years. Jerry was active with the auxiliary police, a longtime member of the American Legion in Geneva and always enjoyed participating in their activities. In his free time, Jerry liked to bowl and play poker. A Celebration of Life visitation will be held from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8, at Malone Funeral Home, 324 East State Street (Route 38), Geneva.
- Harold M. Lang, 56, of St. Charles, worked for many years as a pipefitter. He enjoyed the outdoors and gathering with friends or family to play golf and card games. He loved attending his children’s sporting events and was very proud of his family. Harold was a loving husband, father and brother and will be missed by all those whose lives he touched.
Yurs Funeral Home
- Denny Ayala, 92, of St. Charles, grew up in Geneva and graduated from Geneva High School. He married his loving wife Blanche of 57 years, making their home in St. Charles, where they raised their 10 children. He was a WW II Marine veteran. Denny was a devoted member of St. Patrick Catholic Church, where he was known for opening the door for daily Mass each morning for more than 42 years. Denny retired recently from Elgin Community College two years ago, where he had worked for more than 27 years.
- Sarah C. Blauvelt, 55, of Oak Park, passed away unexpectedly Jan. 17. She was an electrical engineer and interior designer, working for several companies in downtown Chicago throughout her career. A Life Celebration will be held at a later date.
- Brian (Beez) Lewinski, of Fort Loramie, OH, and formerly of St. Charles, IL, died unexpectedly, peacefully and at home on Friday morning, Jan 17, 2014. He had a deep passion for life and all that it was or could be. He was a loving father, an accomplished cook, snowboarder, moto-crosser, machine builder, and "comic" to all who knew him. He loved nature, the mountains, snowboarding, hunting, and fishing with friends and family when he could. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests generosity for the benefit of Betty and Henry to help defray their expenses in the coming days and months. Any donations should be made out and sent as follows: Bob Lewinski, 12244 Short Drive Unit 1, Minster, OH 45865. Marked or memo’d: for the benefit of Betty Becola and Henry Lewinski.
- Gabriella R Tulley, "Baby Gabby," died Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014. A Funeral Mass for Gabriella Renee is arranged for 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22, at St. Patrick Parish Crane Road Church, 6N491 Crane Road, St. Charles, IL. The ceremony will then proceed and conclude at Resurrection Cemetery. Related: Beautiful, Touching Obituary for 'Baby Gabby'
Moss Funeral Home
- Lorraine Ann Salamone, 85, of Elgin, and formerly of St. Charles and Westchester, died Jan. 15, 2014 at Delnor Community Hospital in Geneva. She was born Feb. 23, 1928, in Chicago the daughter of James and Josephine (Amelio) Sabatine. She was united in marriage to the late Thomas Salamone.
Patch Funeral Home Guide
Are you looking for more information about Tri-Cities funeral homes and services? Would you care to review the services provided by a local funeral home? Click on the funeral home names to see the Patch Places listing for each business to write a review or learn more about the funeral home.
Let Patch save you time. Have local stories delivered directly to your inbox with our free newsletter. Sign up for Batavia, Geneva, and St. Charles. Then like us on the Facebook pages for Batavia, Geneva, and St. Charles. Follow us on Twitter at @BataviaPatch, @PatchGeneva, and @StCharlsILPatch.