1. It's Day One of Swedish Days! Check out the highlights and log in to Geneva Patch for coverage, photos and updates throughout the day. Rick Nagel is going to try to experience as much as one person possibly can.
The six-day event runs through Sunday and is considered to be "the Granddaddy of Illinois festivals." Today's include a craft show, a musical performance by the Beatles tribute band Liverpool, and much more. Patch has a top 10 list of the must-see events during this years festival; you may read it by clicking .
2. The summer solstice marks the first day of summer when the Earth's tilt upon its axis gives us maximum hours of daylight.
3. Weather permitting, road work will begin to replace the concrete bridge on Randall Road over I-88. Please allow for additional travel times or seek an alternate route.
4. The city of Geneva's Historic Preservation meeting, originally scheduled for 7 p.m., has been canceled. The next meeting will take place on July 19. at 7 p.m. in .
5. The Geneva Vikings varsity summer lacrosse team will take on St. Charles at 7 p.m. at Indian Creek Park off of Farnsworth Road and Molitor Road in Aurora. Junior varsity versus St. Charles will begin at 4 p.m. at Country Lakes Park at 1835 North Aurora Road in Naperville.