Kane County Government Center
The Kane County Government Center on Batavia Avenue is the hub of the county seat. It includes the office of Kane County Board chairman as well as the Kane County boardroom, where public meetings take place.
There are six buildings at the government center campus, which was previously the home of Sacred Heart Seminary and converted to county offices in 1975.
Building A includes offices of the Auditor, Building and Zoning, County Board, Development, DuKane Valley Council, Environmental, Human Resources, Management, Purchasing, State's Attorney's Civil Division and Treasurer.
Building B houses the County Clerk's Office, which includes voter registration, the election department and is the place to find birth, marriage and death records.
In Building C are the Board of Review, Recorder's Office, Supervisor of Assessment's Office and GIS technologies.
The Coroner's Office is in Building E.
Kane County was named after Elias Kent Kane, the first Secretary of State of Illinois, and later a U.S. senator.
The Government Center entrance is near the intersection of South Third Street.
- Fax: 630-232-9188
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: ADA door just to left of main staircase and elevator. Ramps to boardroom. Washrooms.
- Founding Date: Jan 16 1836
- Services: Services at the Government Center include the functions of Kane County administration, auditor, building and zoning, development, county clerk, recorder, supervisor of assessments, treasurer and coroner.
- Parking: Free lot
- Public restrooms: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Free