Heartland Elementary School
Heartland Elementary is Geneva's third-newest school, built in 2002. Its model is almost a mirror image of Mill Creek Elementary, with a spacious library as its focal point.
"What I've seen in the last year, and what drew me to stay here, is community," Principal Adam Law said. "The faculty and staff really are like a family, and it's important for the students to see that bond and know that it goes on here on a daily basis."
Mission statement: Heartland Elementary School is a child-centered environment that involves students, families, school staff and the community in a team effort to prepare all children to become life-long learners and contributing members of an ever changing and diverse world.
- Fax: 630-463-3209
- Hours: Office: 7:45am - 3:45am; school day: 8am - 2:15pm; kindergarten AM, 8am - 10:30am, kindergarten PM, 11:45am - 2:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is an elevator in the southeast corridor, an exterior ramp and bathroom facilities.
- Founding Date: Jul 01 2002
- Number of students: 450
- Male-to-female ratio: 1:1, with variances year to year
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 18;1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 58 total employees; 33 certified teachers
- How engaged is the school with the community?: "We have parent volunteers in here on a daily basis working with individuals and small groups," Law said. Students work with high school TA's and have regular contact with community members of all ages through the PRIDE organization.
- What makes this community special?: "For being a big town, it's a small-town feel," Law said. "Parents work at home with their kids and reinforce what we do. I think the community values education and supports our schools."
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: High Elements, band and chorus, student council, broadcast TV for morning announcements, Recycling Club.