Geneva Middle School South
Geneva Middle School South was built in 1994 and it was so well designed, School District 304 constructed its mirror image when it added Geneva Middle School North right next door in 2006. The two schools share a common purpose and history. South Principal Terry Bleau and North Principal Larry Bidlack worked together prior to the split and the two ensure consistent, quality education for Geneva's middle school students.
- Fax: 630-463-3609
- Hours: Students: 8:35am-3:24pm Office: 7:30am-4:30pm during the school year
- Handicap Accessible: Elevator in the center of the building.
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1994
- Number of students: 720
- Male-to-female ratio: 1:1, with variances year to year
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 24:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 90 total staff; 66 certified teachers
- How engaged is the school with the community?: We have a lot of community outreach through fundraising activities and performances. Our kids in Viking Voices go to Delnor and the Holmstad. A lot more happens through clubs, like Red Ribbon Week decorations or Earth Day plantings in town.
- What makes this community special?: A lot of people from Geneva High School return to the community. There's a historic sense of belonging, which leads to long-term commitment to institutions, like our schools.
- Grade levels: 6-8
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Pit Band, Choir, Viking Voices, TOPS, Student Council, Yearbook, Musical, Variety Show, Woodwind Chamber Ensembles
- Student clubs: Foreign Language Club, Book Club, Drama Club, Math Counts, Science Club, Social Studies Club, Leo's, Fiddle Club
- Sports teams: Wrestling, Football, Intramural Offerings, Woodwind, Basketball, Cross Country, Track, Cheerleading, Volleyball