Geneva Community School District 304
The District 304 building on North Fourth Street contains the superintendent's office and other administrative offices, including business offices, facilities, curriculum and instruction, student services, human resources, technology and communications. "For the size of the building, it's very efficient," Communications Coordinator Kelley Munch said. "We have a very efficient district." The front-desk staff is extremely helpful and friendly.
Unlike other districts, Geneva is a Community Unit School District, which means it functions primarily within City of Geneva boundaries and unincorporated Geneva Township, while not overlapping with other municipalities. That allows for a great deal of intergovernmental cooperation and savings to taxpayers. The school district works most closely with the Geneva Park District, with the two entities sharing responsibility for school parks, gymnasiums and certain programs, including Friendship Station Preschool.
Superintendent Kent Mutcher and School Board President Mary Stith, their staff and board members work hard at long-range planning and at keeping an eye on the tax dollar.
"The simple message I give to staff is that we're here to help students attain their goals. That's really our job," Mutchler said. "We're stewards of the tax dollars, and we're focused on meeting the needs of the future."
Note: Friendship Station is no longer at the address on this listing. It is at 1415 Viking Drive, Suite 100, near Geneva Middle School South.
- Fax: 630-463-3009
- Hours: School hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4 pm; Summer hours: Mon - Thu, 7am - 4pm; Fri, 7am - 11am
- Handicap Accessible: There is access at the side of the building.
- Founding Date: Aug 17 1859
- Number of students: 6,000
- Male-to-female ratio: 1:1, with variances year to year
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 98.6
- Student-to-teacher ratio: Elementary 17.9; Secondary 20.1
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 885 total staff districtwide
- How engaged is the school with the community?: "Geneva has a long history of involving the community," School Board President Stith said. "We have partnerships with all our intergovernmental units and I think there’s a deep community feeling in all our schools and in the staff."
- What makes this community special?: "This community is dedicated to quality education," Communications Coordinator Kelley Munch said. "We're always improving on past strengths, and we refer to that as our tradition of excellence. People here are dedicated to excellence."
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-12
- Special education: Yes