Geneva Community High School
Geneva Community High School has a long tradition of academic and athletic excellence. The high school has more than 2,000 students and 130 faculty members and regularly scores in the top 10 percent in state test scores. GHS teams continually are among the top performers in the Upstate Eight Conference.
The principal, Tom Rogers, is a longtime Geneva resident and graduate of Geneva Community High School.
- Fax: 630-463-3809
- Hours: School day: 7:40am - 2:45pm; Office: 7am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Jun 01 1876
- Number of students: 2,021
- Male-to-female ratio: 1014 male - 1007 female
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Graduation rate (%): 98.6
- Accreditation/licenses: North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 20.1
- Parking: On-street: free, Paid lot
- Number of faculty: 130
- How engaged is the school with the community?: "Our community has extremely high expectations, and we benefit from that greatly," Principal Tom Rogers said. "What's the magic formula? Fantastic faculty and people who work hard."
- What makes this community special?: "We're very fortunate to have students walking through the door eager to learn, and credit for that has to go to the parents," Rogers said.
- Grade levels: 9 -12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: WYSE team, speech team, Skills USA, Scholastic Bowl, model UN, math team, Youth in Government
- Student clubs: Art, culinary arts, drama, environmental, French, Future Educators Association, GSA, NHS, RPG, Reflections Magazine, SADD, student council, Spanish, German, International Thespian Society, Key, Leo, Viking View Newspaper, yearbook, Ultimate Frisbee
- Sports teams: Boys: golf, soccer, football, basketball, bowling, wrestling, gymnastics, track, tennis, volleyball, lacrosse; Girls: golf, volleyball, cross-country, tennis, cheerleading, dance team, basketball, bowling, track, badminton, baseball, softball, soccer