Geneva Chamber of Commerce
The Geneva Chamber of Commerce serves all Geneva businesses, helps bring business to the city and supports all aspects of economic and community development.
To the general public and throughout the Chicago area, the chamber is probably best known for its festivals. The four big events of the year are: Swedish Days in June, Geneva Arts Fair in July, Festival of the Vine in September and Christmas Walk in December.
"We've always been a city of festivals," Chamber of Commerce President Jean Gaines said. "And we've worked very hard to produce quality events that generate positive publicity, attract visitors, generate sales taxes and bring the community together."
The chamber also serves as the city's convention and tourism bureau and does advertising, promotions, historic tours, grant writing, prints the Geneva Tourism Guide and coordinates programs with other tourism agencies.
Chamber members receive scores of benefits and networking opportunities—from database management to e-mail blasts to seminars to coordinating holiday decorations. Business expos, referral leads, an annual golf outing, classic car shows, a gift-certificate program, the Soundings newsletter, merchant alerts and seminars are just a few of the offerings.
- Fax: 630-232-6083
- Hours: Mon- Fri, 9am - 4:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- What makes this community special?: "Life in Geneva is a celebration! And at no time is it more evident than during the many festivals and events that bring our streets alive throughout the year. Come celebrate with us!"
- Parking: On-street: free
- Mission: The chamber's mission is to promote Geneva business. The chamber also serves as the city's convention and tourism bureau.
- Annual dues: Rates start at $365 and are based on number of employees.
- Membership requirements: Membership in the Chamber of Commerce is open to any individual or business who is interested in the benefits of membership and is committed to supporting business in Geneva
- Meetings: Monthly