Click on the links below for more information on each event.
If we missed anything, please add it to the Events on Geneva Patch!
Friday, Oct. 4
- Pet Blessing on Feast of St. Francis of Assisi — St. Peter Church in Geneva will have a Pet Blessing at 2:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 4. This custom is in remembrance of St. Francis of Assisi’s love for all creatures. The saint’s feast day is celebrated on this date.
- Water Street Studios' 4th Anniversary Show — Water Street Studios will be celebrating four years serving the Fox Valley Community with the opening of its 4th Anniversary Show.
- Parent's Night Out — If you're going to any of the fun stuff on Friday night, why not let the Geneva Park District do the babysitting?
- Homecoming Parade (2 p.m.) — Geneva High School parents, students and alumni are welcome! Here's information on the parade route.
- Homecoming Football Game (7:30 p.m.) Vs. St. Charles East — This one has all the signals of being a great game. Both teams squeaked by St. Charles North, and there are playoff hopes on the line for both teams.
Saturday, Oct. 5
- Hawks Hollow Nature Playground at Peck Farm Park Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at 10 a.m. We encourage you to bring friends, family, neighbors and children to explore this new playground following the ribbon cutting.
- www.nami5k.com, Come help support and promote NAMI-DKK, National Alliance on Mental Illness. Serving the counties of DEKALB, KANE South and KENDALL Counties. Wonderful flat course around the Fox River.
- 3rd Annual Oktoberfest Celebration at the Filling Station
Sunday, Oct. 6
- Fall Fest in West Chicago
- Blessing of the Animals — This one is the St. Mark's annual festivities. The event will take place at 1:30 p.m. on the lawn of the old courthouse on Third Street.
- Halloween 2013
- Geneva Family Starts 'Mis at the Zoo' Fundraiser at Brookfield Zoo
- Mis at the Zoo - Two Weeks to Go!
- Mis at the Zoo: An Althoff Fundraiser for Misericordia
- What's Up in October? Zombie Apocalypse, Ghost Walk, Halloween Hayday, Howl O Ween Dog Parade