Friday, Sept. 20
- Geneva football team @ Larkin (Elgin, IL). Can Geneva bounce back after defeats to Batavia and Wheaton North the past two weeks?
- 2013 International Day of Peace Celebration in Geneva: On Friday night, Sept. 20, and Saturday, Sept. 21, representatives from the Northern Illinois Industrial Areas Foundation (IAF) will provide an Introduction to Community Organizing. It all begins with building relationships: within your congregations and within our community. This two-day program is open to all and free of charge, at the United Methodist Church: 211 Hamilton, Geneva. The program begins Friday night, 6:30-9 p.m., with dinner and an overview. On Saturday, the program runs from 9 am until 5 p.m., and includes a light breakfast as well as lunch. A voluntary donation of $15 is requested.
Saturday, Sept. 21
- 8:30 a.m. — Marklund's 3rd annual Pancake Breakfast: Fundraiser for Marklund at the Hyde Center at Mill Creek, 1S450 Wyatt Drive Geneva.
- Art In Your Eye Fine Art Show/Festival Sept. 21-22 Batavia Riverwalk: The festival features several art exhibits including a Fine Art Show, an extensive interactive children's area, two fill days of music at the Art In Your Ear Stage, and more. Hours are Saturday 10-5 and Sunday 10-4, attendance is free, and the event will take place rain or shine. For more information, visit the Art In Your Eye Web site.
- Hope For Tomorrow 11th Annual Gala Celebration and Silent Auction Fundraiser — Fox Valley Golf and Country Club, 2500 Route 25 in North Aurora. The evening will begin at 5 p.m. with cocktail hour and the start of the silent auction. From 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. there will be heavy hors d'oeuvres, raffles, music and dancing. Tickets are $60 per person and are available by calling Hope For Tomorrow at 630-966-9000 or visiting http://www.hopefortomorrow.net/banq.html.
- The Geneva Park District Foundation welcomes families to enjoy a day of fun at the annual Autumn Fair. This event will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21, at PeckFarm Park located at 4038 Kaneville Road in Geneva. Visitors will enjoy pony rides, family activities, children’s games, crafts, a birds of prey exhibit, and musical entertainment. Patrons can mingle with animals in a petting zoo as well as learn how to milk a cow. Admission to the event is free with minimal fees for some activities, food and beverages.
Sunday, Sept. 22
7 a.m. — Fourth annual Advocate Dreyer Fox Valley Marathon: It steps off on 1st Street in downtown St. Charles at 7 a.m. and finishes at 1st and Illinois, with runners covering courses that traverse paths along the Fox River through Geneva, from St. Charles to Aurora.