Monday, Sept. 23
- Learn More About Developmental Disabilities Referendum — The League of Women Voters of Central Kane County is hosting a public forum regarding the proposal to establish a Developmental Disabilities Services Board for Kane County. The "Show You Care Kane" event is 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 23, at the Batavia Public Library, 10 S. Batavia Ave.
Special Geneva City Council Meeting, 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 23, City Hall Council Chambers, 109 James St.
Tuesday, September 24
- Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jon Meacham —Pulitzer Prize-winning author and contributing editor at Time, Jon Meacham is one of America’s most prominent public intellectuals. He's speaking Tuesday at Aurora University.
- Dave Ramont and Ian McFeron live @ Kiss The Sky Records —"Differentiating oneself in the burgeoning field of alternative-country artists is a tricky proposition these days, but Dave Ramont stands tall in the crowd."
Thursday, Sept. 26
- Geneva Plan Commission, 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 26, City Hall Council Chambers, 109 James St.
Friday, Sept. 27
- Geneva High School football vs. North (St. Charles, IL) Game Location: Geneva High School — The game starts at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 28
- Think Pink Bags Tourney — Come help BEI & American Cancer Society raise funds and awareness for the Fox Valley Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Cause.
- NAMI DKK Monthly Coffee at Dreyer Medical Clinic — National Alliance on Mental Illness is sponsoring its monthly coffee on Sept.28, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. This free event will be hosted by Dreyer Medical Clinic, 1877 West Downers Place, Aurora, IL 60506. The mental health staff of Dreyer will lead a discussion on mental health. This will cover stigma, depression, and treatment.
- Harvest Taste Culinary Competition — The annual Harvest Taste culinary competition will take place at 404 S. Third St. in Geneva, featuring fall-inspired recipes by western suburban and Chicago restaurants. Our own Chef Dave, reigning champion, will be back to defend his title, and your vote, combined with those of a panel of professional judges, will decide the winner!
- 2013 Pumpkins For a Cure — The 2013 Pumpkins For A Cure Festival has something for everyone! Visitors will arrive at the Geneva Courthouse where they will be greeted by a cascade of bright, colorful mums and exotic pumpkins for sale. Throughout downtown Geneva.
- Harvest Hustle 5k — The twilight all-terrain race begins Saturday, Sept. 28 at 6 p.m. Pre-registration is $34 and ends Wednesday, Sept. 25. On-site registration is $39. On-site registration and check-in begin at 5 p.m. on race day.
Sunday, Sept. 29
- Swedish American Children's Choir Concert — Under the artistic direction of Marguerite Karl and accompanied by Shirley Fox, the largest Swedish children’s choir in the Midwest performs songs in both Swedish and English. At the Batavia Public Library.
- Outdoor Worship Service & Pet Blessing — Join The Batavia United Methodist Church as we welcome the Wheaton College Gospel Choir for a special outdoor worship service. The service will be on Sunday Sept. 29, at the Peg Bond Center located on the scenic Batavia Riverwalk . The service begins at 10:30 a.m. and will be followed by a picnic at noon. At 2 p.m. there will be a Pet Blessing. All are invited.