The “Half Madness” Half Marathon takes place from 7 a.m. to noon, and there will be a number of temporary traffic interruptions throughout the city of Batavia, namely at the following intersections:
- West Wilson Street and Water Street
- Batavia Avenue and First Street
- Batavia Avenue and Houston Street
- South Van Nortwick Avenue and First Street
- Van Nortwick Avenue and West Wilson Street
- North Van Nortwick Avenue and McKee Streeet
- Western Avenue from Mckee Street northbound to Crestview Drive
- North Washington and Church Street
- East Wilson Street and Van Buren Street
- South Prairie Street from Webster Street to Cleveland Avenue
- Cleveland Avenue and South Raddant Road
- Woodland Hills Road from Meadowrue Lane to Giese Road
The event includes a 13.1-mile run, and to the extent possible, this is an “open road” event. Roads will remain open for passage with temporary and minor interruptions as participants make their way through the course.
Motorists should be prepared to encounter increased pedestrian/runner traffic on the following main and arterial streets as well as in the downtown area during the hours of 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Batavia Avenue, Van Nortwick Avenue, Western Avenue, North Washington Avenue, Hart Road, Raddant Road and Prairie Street.
All other intersections will be staffed by public safety employees and/or race volunteers, and vehicular traffic will be allowed to pass whenever it is safe to do so.
SOURCE: city of Batavia