Batavia's 2013 Street Program is set to begin Monday, Oct. 7, so keep the following streets in mind if you're traveling through our neighbor to the south.
The following information is courtesy of the city of Batavia.
The links below will take you to the specific details and construction updates for each specific roadway. Please check back often as they will be updated as the project progresses.
- Blaine Street (Harrision Street to west end)
- Church Street (Hamlet Street to east end)
- Kingsland Drive (Swanson Drive to Douglas Road)
- Laurel Street (S. River Street to west end)
- Millview Drive (Batavia Avenue to Towne Avenue)
- Prairie Street Alley (northwest corner of Wilson Street and Prairie Street)
- Raddant Road (Fabyan Parkway to Douglas Road)
- Swanson Drive (Raddant Road to Kingsland Drive)
- Wind Energy Pass (Hart Road to Gillenwater Street)
- Pavement Patching (Various locations in City)
Types of Roadway Maintenance:
Below is a general description of what work is included typically included.
- Resurfacing: Minor resurfacing consists of curb, sidewalk removal/replacement and driveway apron patching as necessary. Not all curb and driveways will be affected. The roadway will also receive a new 2-inch asphalt driving surface.
- Pavement Patching: Pavement patching consists of replacing specific areas of pavement, which have started showing deterioration or potholes. The areas of pavement that are currently showing deterioration are removed and replaced with a 2-inch asphalt surface. This practice promotes a better driving surface and helps extend the life of the pavement.
Below are location maps for the east side and west side streets to be resurfaced as part of the 2013 Street Program. These maps were updated as of Sept. 13, 2013.