If you're going to do one thing this weekend, it ought to be the Paul Ruby Concert for a Cure. This is the fundraiser for Parkinson's Disease Research, and is one amazing, wonderful guy.
Here are three things to do this weekend in Geneva:
FRIDAY, AUG. 24:
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. Friday at .
- Why Go: It's the first football game on the new synthetic turf. Plus, it's the first home game of the season and renews a great rivalry between the Geneva Vikings and the Oswego Panthers. Oswego was 8-3 in 2011 and Geneva was 7-3.
- Pricing: $5
- Where/When: 3-11 p.m. Saturday at , 39w808 Hughes Road, Geneva.
- Why Go: All-day family featuring 11 bands, food, drink, silent and live auctions and kids activities benefiting the Paul Ruby Foundation for Parkinson's Research.
- Pricing: $25, $10 for under 21.
SUNDAY, AUG. 26:
- Where/When: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 26, 2012, on South Third Street in Geneva.
- Why Go: Participants from all over the country will display their prized automobiles on Third street, hoping to be awarded one of the coveted “Benz” Trophies. For 2012 Packard will be the Feature Marque. The beneficiary of this year’s event is Living Well Cancer Resource Center.
- Pricing: free