Liam Burns (14 carries, 149 yards, 3 touchdowns) had a huge game, and the Vikings defense pitched a shutout for a 39-0 win Friday over Larkin.
Geneva might have sealed the game in the final 18 seconds of the first half, when Burns ran it in from 5 yards out to take a 19-0 lead. If that wasn't the finishing blow, a 43-yard interception return for a touchdown by Nick Carlton with 1:14 left in the third quarter might have been it.
Geneva dominated the line of scrimmage all evening en route to the easy victory.
Mike Landi came in as quarterback in place of Nick Derr and hard a great game, completing three of four passes for 85 yards and one touchdown.
SCORE BY QUARTERS:
- Geneva: 6-13-14-6—39
- Larkin: 0-0-0-0—0
- #10 Liam Burns: 14 carries, 149 yards, 3 TDs
- #28 David Burchard: 2 carries, 15 yards
- #33 Max Woodworth: 5 carries, 42 yards, 1 TD
- #88 Alex Abrazaldo: 1 carry, 16 yards
Total: 222 yards, 4 TDs
- #7 Mike Landi: 3-of-4, 85 yards, 1 TD
- #5 Perry: 1 catch, 25 yards, 1 TD
- #33 Woodworth: 2 catch, 52 yards
CORRECTON: An earlier version of this story had Nick Derr as the starting quarterback. Derr was moved up to play the varsity game Friday night.