Want to see a great basketball game and help a great cause?
The Geneva girls basketball team invites you to "Pretty in Pink," the annual event that raises funds and awareness in the fight against breast cancer.
The Vikings host Upstate Eight rival St. Charles East. Team members also actively promote the event, which is made possible with special help from Cadence Breast Health Center at Delnor and Mobbela Salon Suites.
Doors at Geneva High School open at 5:15 p.m. Friday, Jan. 18. The sophomore game tips off at 5:45 p.m., and the varsity follows at 7:15 p.m.
Breast cancer awareness is especially important to Geneva girls basketball players because the team's former head coach, Gina Nolan, had to step down after the 2010-11 season to spend more time and energy in treatment of the disease.
- Up Close: Gina Nolan's Battle With Cancer is Inspiration for Every Athlete
- Yard Project a Special Gift for Former GHS Coach Battling Breast Cancer
- Show Us Your Pink Pride in Chicago's Western Suburbs
- Breast Cancer in Young Women: Resources and Statistics in Kane County
- 'Pink Out' for Friday's Football Game and Honor Breast Cancer Survivors
- Change Your Facebook Photo to Give $1 to Breast Cancer Organization
Information, Raffle Prizes, Hair Extensions, and Great Basketball!
Come join us as we raise money for the cause because Losing is NOT an Option!