The divisional round of the NFL playoffs begins this weekend in Denver when the Broncos host the Baltimore Ravens at 4:30 p.m. Saturday. Locally, the New England Patriots host the Houston Texans Sunday at Gillette Stadium. Kick-off in Foxborough is scheduled for 4:30 p.m.
Patriots fans hoping for another AFC Championship game in Foxborough will be tuning in Saturday to cheer on the Ravens against Peyton Manning and the Broncos while fans wanting to see a Brady-Manning showdown with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line will be favoring the Broncos Saturday.
Of course, in either scenario, the Patriots need to knock off the Houston Texans Sunday to advance.
On the NFC side of the playoff bracket, the Green Bay Packers travel to San Francisco to play the 49ers Saturday night (kick-off is 8 p.m.). On Sunday, the Seattle Seahawks take on the Atlanta Falcons in Atlanta (kick-off is 1 p.m.) prior to the Patriots-Texans showdown at 4:30 p.m.
Winners of divisional round weekend will move one step closer to playing in Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans on Sunday, Feb. 3.
Click here for a complete look at the NFL playoff schedule.
If you plan to tune in locally to this weekend’s playoff action then stop by one of these places to watch the game(s):
- Uno Chicago Grill at 970 Paradise Road. The lounge has 10 televisions and the dining room 5. A large crowd of regulars will be among the fans in the house. 781-595-8667
- Swampscott VFW Post 1240 at 8 Pine St. will be cheering for the Patriots as the game plays on their three televisions. The post will serve snacks and put out a cold plate. People who want watch the game and sign in as a guest of the Post are welcome to do so. 781-599-1240
Tavern in the Square in Salem
- The Tavern has been on the game since the very beginning. These guys have been counting down to our Giant(s) revenge since we snagged the AFC Championship.Interested in catching the game at Tavern in the Square with televisions everywhere in sight? We recommend staking out your seat of choice early.
- The Landing - Cozy up in this English Pub atmosphere and watch some American football at the bar while trying their famous chowder.
- CBS Scene at Patriot Place: Join CBS Scene to catch all the NFL playoff action on one of the restaurant’s 145 high-definition displays.
AFC and NFC Divisional Round Games
- Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos (4:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, on CBS)
- Green Bay Packers at San Francisco 49ers (8 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, on FOX)
- Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons (1 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, on FOX)
- Houston Texans at New England Patriots (4:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, on CBS)