David Lamb is one of nine people who have filed as candidates in the April 2013 School Board race. There are four open seats.
Here is some of his curriculum vitae, as submitted in an e-mail to Geneva Patch.
Senior Vice President, Nuveen Investments (since 1991)
- Extensive experience in mutual fund product management and development for a firm that has over $220 billion in assets under management.
- Firm manages roughly $90 billion in municipal bonds for investors so I have extensive knowledge of public municipal finance.
- Passed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Exam and Series 7 and 24 licensed
Geneva Baseball Association
- Board Member 2001-2004, Director of Umpires and Commissioner
- Coached travel and in-house teams for 12 years
Geneva Feeder Program and Geneva Park District Basketball Coach — 5 years
Geneva Academic Foundation Board Member — joined the Board in April 2012
Lawrence Hall Youth Services Board Member 2000-2012, Pension, Investment and Endowment Committee
- LHYS was founded in 1865 and is based in Chicago. It is a not-for-profit child welfare agencyestablished to assist at-risk youth. LHYS provides a therapeutic day school, foster care, residentialtreatment, and workplace developmental programs for children referred by the Chicago BOE, DCFS,and the courts. LHYS has an annual budget of $20-$22 million derived from government grants andcontracts, private support, and allocations from the United Way of Chicago and Episcopal Charities.
University of Illinois, B.S. in Finance; DePaul University, Accounting Coursework for CPA Exam
Married to Julie Lamb, and we have two sons, Matt and Mark. Matt is a 2012 graduate of GHS and currently is a freshman at the University of Michigan. Mark is a sophomore at GHS. We have resided in Geneva for the past 21 years.