It's going to be a busy week at Geneva High School, and parents should be aware that the schedule is a little different, due to finals. There also are a bunch of important dates listed below, plus a few changes to the school calendar you should note.
This is information provided by School District 304 that can help you look ahead and coordinate your schedule and your calendar.
Final exams will be given at according to the schedule below. Buses will depart following the last scheduled exam each day.
Wednesday, Jan. 11
- Period 1: 7:40 a.m.—9:10 am
- Period 2: 9:20 a.m.—10:50 a.m.
- Period 3: 11 a.m.—12:30 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 12
- Period 4-5, 4-6, 5-6: 7:40 a.m.— 9:10 a.m.
- Period 6-7, 6-8, 7-8: 9:20 a.m.—10:50 a.m.
Friday, Jan. 13
- Period 9: 7:40 a.m.—9:10 a.m.
- Period 10: 9:20 a.m.—10:50 a.m.
- Study hall attendance is optional during the final exam schedule. All study halls will be available each day; however, attendance will not be taken. Please be aware that if a student chooses not to attend a study hall at the beginning or end of each day, they must provide their own transportation. Likewise, if a student leaves campus during their 2nd hour study hall on Wednesday, they must also provide their own transportation.
- Any students arriving after 7:40 a.m. each day must use the main entrance and will be expected to report to the cafeteria until the end of the exam in progress.
- All students are expected to be on time for their exams – please check the schedule carefully.
- If a student misses an exam, it is their responsibility to contact the teacher regarding a make-up time.
- Buses will depart following the last scheduled exam each day.
- Fox Valley Career Center classes do not meet during finals. Students are required to be in attendance for their GHS classes only.
- Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 11, the Home Access Report Card tab will not be available while first-semester grades are being calculated. First semester grades will be mailed home the week of Jan. 23.
- Please talk with your son/daughter about the most efficient and effective use of their time as they prepare for final exams.
Textbook Returns and Checkouts
The Textbook Room in the EE hallway will be open the following hours during final exam week:
- Wednesday, Jan. 12: 7 a.m.—1 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 13: 7 a.m.—11:30 a.m.
- Friday, Jan. 14: 7 a.m.—11:30 a.m.
It is important that students in a one-semester only course return their textbooks during the above hours so that teachers may distribute those books to students with a second-semester only course.
Other Important Information
If a student misses an exam, it is his or her responsibility to contact the teacher regarding a make-up time.
Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 11, the Home Access Report Card tab will not be available while first semester grades are being calculated.
GHS asks students and parents to use the Home Access website to verify and print a student's second-semester schedule. All students should bring a copy of their second-semester schedule to school with them on Tuesday, Jan. 17.
Over winter break, the school district upgraded the voice mail system, and it is still resolving a few minor technical issues.
Mark your calendar
- First-semester grades will be mailed home the week of Jan. 23.
- Monday, Jan. 16 is Martin Luther King Day. There are no classes.
- Tuesday, Jan. 17 begins second semester.
The following dates were changed after the student planner was published:
- Black Light Dance will be held from 8:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Feb. 3 following the boys basketball game.
- Parent Teacher Conferences will be from noon to 3 p.m. March 1. Students will follow a half-day schedule. There is no school on Friday, March 2, 2012 due to teacher in-service day.
- School will be in session all day on Thursday, Feb. 23, and Friday, Feb. 24.