Editor's note: The following is information from the village of Lisle.
Lisle Mayor Joe Broda and the Board of Trustees have approved a water and sewer rate increase, effective Feb. 1.
Officials said the water rates for Lisle customers are increasing due to the rising costs of purchasing water from the DuPage Water Commission. The sewer rate increase is needed for daily operations and to continue the annual pipe lining project.
Beginning with the March 2013 commercial water bills (Feb. 2013 usage) and the April 2013 residential water bills (Feb/March 2013 usage) the following rates will be in effect:
New Water Rates
- $5 per 1,000 gallons (within village corporate limits)
- $6.50 per 1,000 gallons (outside village corporate limits)
New Sewer Maintenance Rates
- $2.80 monthly (within the village corporate limits)
- $5.60 bi-monthly (within the village corporate limits)
- $4.66 monthly (outside village corporate limits)
- $9.32 bi-monthly (outside village corporate limits)