Kane County is hosting a free residential recycling and document shredding event on June 14 from 8 a.m. to noon at 540 S. Randall Road in St. Charles.
The county will be collecting for reuse or recycling:
- Electronics & Books
- Bikes, bike parts, helmets, bike baskets, sewing machines
- Mobility Devices: wheelchairs, crutches, walkers, leg braces, scooters
- Fluorescent Lamps (4 foot tubes)
- Clothes, linens, curtains, paired shoes, hats, ties, belts, purses, backpacks, stuffed
- Animals, plush toys
- Carpet and carpet padding (the speckled kind)
- Latex Paint: No oil based product will be accepted. Latex Paint is the only item that has a recycling fee* per container, payable by the resident with cash or check.
Confidential Document Destruction: There will be two document shredding service trucks on site for residential use (no businesses please).
Staples, paperclips, envelope windows are okay to leave in. Remove all large binder clips and plastic folders.
Please do not bring periodicals, or other paper that does not need to be shredded and can go in your household recycling bin. All paper collected will be shredded on site and then taken for recycling. You can watch it being shredded.
Items that will not be collected:
- Oil paint or other Household Hazardous Waste will not be accepted at this event.
- Styrofoam will not be accepted at this event.
Kane County continues to hold its Monthly Electronics and Book Recycling Collection Events at 540 S Randall Road, St. Charles, on the second Saturday of every month, between 8am–12 noon.