According to Geneva police reports, six people were cited under city ordinance for public intoxication around 5:43 a.m. Aug. 25 at 302 W. State St., just outside EvenFlow Music & Spirits.
The celebrities in the group were at an after-hours party at EvenFlow, following a fundraiser in St. Charles hosted by Geneva's most-famous resident and The View co-host, Jenny McCarthy. The Dancing With the Stars benefit was held Saturday, Aug. 24, at the Hotel Baker in St. Charles to raise funds for Bridges Montessori Academy in St. Charles, which McCarthy's son attends.
The celebrities later cited in Geneva included Kelly Monaco, a model, actress, reality television contestant and winner of Dancing with the Stars in Season 1, Sergey Onik, a U.S. National Dance champion, personal instructor to Kirstie Alley and Official 100 Days of Dance director, Joanne McCarthy, Jenny's sister and a movie and television makeup artist, and Heath Freeman, an actor, writer and producer, according to IMDB.com.
Also cited were Alexis Gault of Geneva, identified as a server at EvenFlow, and Michael Isaacson of Geneva. The citation carries a $50 fine if paid by its due date.
EvenFlow had been previously called on the carpet by the city of Geneva for serving a patron between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. Nov. 27 and for serving an underage patron during Swedish Days in June.
The hearing that's coming up at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, at Geneva City Hall Council Chambers will consider testimony regarding seven charges against the music and dining establishment. Some of the charges sound redundant but are violations of different parts of city code.
- That the establishment was open for a party between 2 a.m. and 5:45 a.m. in violation of Section 4-2-14:A of Title 4 of the Geneva City Code.
- That during the same time period, EvenFlow "sold, furnished gave away or permitted consumption of alcoholic liquors on the licensed premises," also in violation of the Section 4-2-14:A of Title 4 of the Geneva City Code.
- That EvenFlow or its employees served or dispensed liquor, in violation of Section 4-2-25:O(1) of Title 4 of the Geneva City Code.
- That the business was kept open, in violation of Section 4-2-25:O(1) of Title 4 of the Geneva City Code.
- That people were allowed to remain in the premises during that time period, in violation of Section 4-2-25:O(1) of Title 4 of the Geneva City Code.
- That EvenFlow served alcohol after hours, in violation of Section 4-2-25:O(1) of Title 4 of the Geneva City Code.
- And that EvenFlow served alcohol after hours, in violation of Section 4-2-25:O(3) of Title 4 of the Geneva City Code.
The notice was sent to co-owners and managers Nicholas Mercadante of Aurora, Michael Anthony Knuth of Aurora and Montgomery, and to their counsel, Lavelle Law Ltd. of Palatine.
- Jenny McCarthy's Sister, Celebrities Cited for Public Intoxication in Geneva
- Geneva’s McCarthy Hosts Celeb Fundraiser in St. Charles
- Geneva's Jenny McCarthy to Co-Host 'The View'
- It's True! Jenny McCarthy DOES Live in Geneva!
- More Urlacher-McCarthy Sightings in Geneva
- Sad to Say, McCarthy-Urlacher Calling It Quits; No News on…
- Jenny McCarthy Putting Down Roots in Chicago
- Are Jenny McCarthy and Brian Urlacher Temporary Genevans?
- Even Flow Faces Liquor Board Hearing Dec. 20
- $1,000 Fine for Restaurants That Served Underage Patrons…