In broad strokes, it looks like taxes would be raised on folks making $450,000 or more a year.
Vice President Joe Biden stepped into the picture and has an agreement allegedly with Republican Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell that could pass Congress in the hours remaining before a midnight deadline.
What do you think? Is it better to go off the cliff or make a deal? Is this proposal right for America and folks who live here in Geneva?
- NPR: 'Fiscal Cliff' Talks Temporarily Stall
- ABC: Fiscal Cliff Talks: President Obama 'Modestly Optimistic'
- ABC: Live Updates: 'Fiscal Cliff' Countdown
- Huffington Post: Fiscal Cliff: Obama, Republicans Eyeing Scaled-Back Package
- Politico.com: Randy Hultgren on the Fiscall Cliff
- WGN: Chicago Tribune political reporter on fiscal cliff