Geneva's Board of Education has distributed its agenda for Monday night's meeting.
The District 304 board has been encouraging members of the public in recent weeks to comment and give feedback on the four options on the . Property taxes will be going up from $307 to $403 for a home wiht a market value of $288,000.
The levy does not appear to be part of the regular meeting agenda, but the public is invited to comment according to the agenda below.
Among the items of interest Monday, the School Board will take a look at the 2012-13 School Calendar, discuss revisions to its bylaws for board member ethics and adjourn to an executive session regarding collective bargaining, with possible board action to follow.
Here's the agenda for Monday, Nov. 28:
GENEVA COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT NUMBER 304 BOARD OF EDUCATION 227 North Fourth Street, Geneva, IL 60134 630.463.3000
NOTICE & AGENDA REGULAR MEETING OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION Nov. 28, 2011, 7 PM, Coultrap Facility, 1113 Peyton, Geneva, IL. Use Lincoln Avenue Entrance
1. CALL TO ORDER
1.1. Roll Call, 1.2. Welcome, 1.3. Pledge, 1.4. Reminder to Sign Attendance Record
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
2.1. Regular Session Nov. 14, 2.2. Executive Session Nov. 14
3. RECOGNITION, AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, PUBLIC HEARINGS
3.1. Geneva Middle School North and South Reading/Math Interventions
4. SUPERINTENDENT'S REPORT
5. PUBLIC COMMENTS
6. BOARD DIALOGUE TOPICS & PENDING ACTION CONSIDERATIONS
6.1. Bylaw 0144.2, Board Member Ethics, Revised, Second Reading / Adoption
6.2. 2012-13 School Calendar
7. WORK-STUDY TOPICS & FUTURE ACTION CONSIDERATIONS None
8.1. FOIA Requests / Responses, 8.2. Notification of Sale of General Obligation Refunding School Bonds, Series 2011, 8.3. Suspension Report
9. CONSENT AGENDA
9.1. Monthly Financial Reports and Interfund Transfers
9.2. Personnel Report: Resignations, Retirements, Leave Requests, Changes in Assignment/FTE, New Hires
10. COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON BOARD OF EDUCATION ACTION *
11. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS AND REPORTS Policy Committee, Financial Task Force, Facilities Task Force, Joint PTO, Geneva All-Sports Boosters, Geneva Music Boosters, Geneva High School Theater Boosters, Academic Foundation, GEARS, K-12 Discipline Committee, Geneva Coalition for Youth, PRIDE, REMS Grant
12. NOTICES / ANNOUNCEMENTS
13. EXECUTIVE SESSION TO CONSIDER MATTERS PERTAINING TO COLLECTIVE NEGOTIATING MATTERS BETWEEN THE PUBLIC BODY AND ITS EMPLOYEES OR THEIR REPRESENTATIVES [5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)]
14. ACTION POSSIBLE FOLLOWING EXECUTIVE SESSION
* PUBLIC COMMENTS—The meeting agenda includes an opportunity for comments from the audience. It is the prerogative of the Presiding Officer to recognize members of the audience who wish to address the Board during the time reserved for public comm ent. No discussion of individual students or personnel matters is permitted, as those items are appropriate for closed session pursuant to Section 2 (c) of the Open Meetings Act. If you have a concern regarding an individual student or a personnel issue, you are asked to bring it to the attention of the administration. In the interest of providing all visitors an equal opportunity to address the Board, comments will be limited to five (5) minutes. Those individuals needing more time should submit their thoughts in writing to the Board’s recording secretary.
Visitors addressing the Board need come to the podium, use the microphone, and state their full name and address because the proceedings are video recorded for later broadcasting to the community. The Board reserves the right to edit the video recordings for the purpose of excluding any public comment regarding an individual student or a personnel issue.
Per Board of Education Bylaw 0167.3, “No interviews should be conducted in the meeting room while the Board is in session.” If members of the press/audience want to conduct an interview, they should wait until the conclusion of the meeting, or go out in the hallway or to another room.