You may want to consider donating unused but still wearable clothing to a Munger Road clothing drive sponsored by the city of St. Charles and Charlestowne Theaters. Winter clothing of all sizes is needed. Keep reading to find out more.
Plus, parents are encouraged to sit down with their children for a family dinner in celebration of Family Day 2011.
Here are five things going on today, Monday, Sept. 26, 2011.
1. The Committee of the Whole will meet at 7 p.m. inside . Tonight's meeting agenda includes a recommendation for an increase in the number of commissioners on the Geneva Economic Development Commission and A-Frame sign regulations for outdoor business advertising.
A copy of the meeting agenda can be found by clicking here.
2. Geneva School District 304's Board of Education meets at 7 p.m. at the . There will be an introduction of new teachers before the meeting from 6 to 7 p.m. The board will also have a dialogue on the Interim Student Athlete Concussion Policy.
Click here for a copy of the meeting agenda.
3. Head over to for their weekly dart tournament at 7 p.m. Throwers of all skill levels are welcome to participate.
Click here to see Cabooses Monday night food and drink specials.
4. The city of St. Charles and Charlestowne 18 Movie Theaters will hold a in conjunction with the release and showing of the movie . Drop-off boxes in the and at the theater's main lobby service desk will collect donations of new and gently worn winter clothing for children and adults, through Oct. 10.
All donations will benefit the Salvation Army and St. Vincent de Paul charities.
5. Fun Fact: Family Day was started on Sept. 26, 2001 by The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University. The holiday encourages parents to "eat dinner with your children" because the frequent family sit-down encourages conversation, which can be an effective way to keep kids free from substance abuse.
You can learn more about Family Day by clicking here.