Here are five things going on in or around Geneva on Wednesday, Sept. 28:
1. The League of Women Voters of Central Kane County will (TLC) at 6:45 p.m. at in Batavia. This event gives prospective and current members an opportunity to get acquainted and talk about current events.
Click here for more information on the League of Women Voters Central Kane County.
2. Join the where 10 short films representing every continent will be screened. Audience members their favorite. All films are rated PG and tickets are only available at the door.
3. Meeting rooms at the are now able to be reserved online. Funds donated by the Friends of the Library were allocated to buy the programming needed for this service, making room reservations much more convenient.
For more information and to reserve a meeting room, click here.
4. (the Jewish New Year) in Geneva this year with the . The high holiday service starts at 7:30 p.m. and will be held at FONA International, 1900 Averill Road, Geneva. Tickets are not required.
5. Interesting Fact: World Rabies Day will be observed internationally today. This holiday is a United Nations observation day and coordinated by the Global Alliance for Rabies Control. The Centers for Disease Control will also host a Rabies seminar today titled International Activities to Improve Prevention and Control of Rabies.