The game of musical chairs already has started for the April election for Geneva School Board.
As of Wednesday, with a week left to file, nine candidates have submitted petitions to compete for four seats on Geneva School District 304's Board of Education.
Five candidates—all of whom submitted their petitions at 7:30 a.m. Monday—drew lots Wednesday morning to determine the order of the ballot. The remaining ballot slots are filled in the order they are received.
As of Wednesday morning, the April 9 ballot would look like this:
- Mark Grosso
- David J. Lamb
- William R. Wilson
- Jay Moffat
- Daniel J. Garrett
- Robert L. Cabeen
- Jeffrey K. DiOrio
- Fred A. Dresser
- Leslie N. Juby
We'll get to know each of them much better in the coming weeks and months, but this is what we know on the surface.
Grosso and Wilson are the incumbents. Grosso presently is School Board president and is seeking his second term. Wilson is chairman of the board's Finance Committee. Both were heavily involved in the recently settled teachers contract negotiations.
Juby is a former School Board member who fell just 37 votes shy of re-election in the 2011 race.
Moffat is a Geneva Plan Commission member and one of the co-founders of the Geneva TaxFACTS organization.
Robert Cabeen ran in the 2011 election and finished sixth in the race for three seats.
Other newcomers are Lamb, Garrett, DiOrio and Dresser. Garrett introduced himself in a Geneva Patch blog on Dec. 17.
Geneva Patch invites all Geneva candidates in the April election to blog on Patch. Simply hover the cursor over "Blogs" on the homepage and click "Blog on Patch."
Want to stay up to date on Geneva Election 2013?
- Frequently Visit Our Election 2013 Topics Page
- Bookmark Geneva.Patch.Com on your home computer or laptop.
- Like our Geneva Patch Facebook page.
- Follow us on Twitter at @PatchGeneva.
- Sign up for Geneva Patch's newsletter and breaking news alerts.
Click the "Keep Me Posted" button below this text.
Election 2013 Related Articles
City of Geneva
- Reports: Geneva TaxFACTS Leader McQuillan Will Run for Mayor
- Ron Singer Will Seek Fifth Term as 4th Ward Alderman
- QuickStory: Richard Marks Will Seek 2nd Term as Geneva 2nd Ward Alderman
- Barclay Considering Run for Mayor or 2nd Ward
- Ploppert Set to Announce Run for 1st Ward Alderman
- Mike Bruno To Officially Announce 1st Ward Candidacy
- Dantino Will Run Again for Geneva 5th Ward Alderman
Geneva School Board
- Who Is Running for Geneva School Board?
- School Board President Mark Grosso Will Seek Another Term
- 9 Candidates for Geneva School Board—So Far
General Information and Neighbor Communities
- State Extends Local Elections Filing Deadline to 5 PM Dec. 26
- Batavia Mayor Jeff Schielke Seeks Re-Election
- School Board 2013 Nominating Petitions Now Available on Geneva 304 Website
- Where Do I Vote in Geneva?