Dog Feces on Car
Someone smeared dog excrement on the driver’s side door handle and driver’s side mirror of a Chevrolet Equinox parked in the 100 block of Glengarry Drive sometime between 10 p.m. Sept. 8 and 5 a.m. Sept. 9, reports said. There was no damage to the vehicle.
Graffiti Tagging Downtown Geneva
- Someone painted graffiti “tagging” on the north-side brick wall of the Geneva History Center, 113 South Third St., as well as the east side rear metal door sometime prior to 7:52 a.m. Sept. 6, reports said. The officer collected a black aerosol can cap, located on the ground at the northeast corner of the building. A nearby crew of construction workers confirmed that the graffiti was not present the previous day. The value of the damage was unknown at the time of the report.
- Police observed graffiti “tagging” at 124 South Second Street, on the building adjacent to the Geneva History Center at 7:52 a.m. Sept. 6, reports said. The graffiti was located on the wood siding of an enclosure at the rear of the building and it was similar in nature to that of the Geneva History Center.
Criminal Damage to Vehicles
- Someone damaged the rear driver’s-side door of a Mercedes-Benz R350 parked at the Steven Persinger Recreation Center, 3507 Kaneville Road sometime between noon and 1 p.m. Sept. 10, reports said. The scratch was the length of the car door and believed to have been done by a key. The damage was estimated at $300.
- Someone punctured the rear driver’s-side tire of a Lincoln Continental parked in the driveway of a home in the 500 block of Kingston Drive sometime between 12:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Sept. 4, reports said. It appeared the offender used a knife to puncture the side wall of the tire, reports said. The cost to replace the tire was estimated at $275.
- Someone damaged the infrared door-lock sensor located on the driver’s door of a Mercedes-Benz parked in the 300 block of South Glengarry Drive sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Sept. 11, reports said. The victim told police the offender broke the plastic lens on the sensor with an unknown object, rendering it inoperable. There was also a 4-inch scratch on the rear driver’s side door, reports said. A damage estimate was unavailable at the time of the report.
- Someone “keyed” a silver Mercedes-Benz C300 parked at Marberry Cleaners, 427 W. State St., sometime between 7:30 p.m. and 8:39 p.m. Aug. 29, reports said. There were two key marks in the driver’s side of the vehicle, the first about 10 to 12 inches, the second running the length of the rear door to the front door on the driver’s side. The damage was estimated at $500.
Criminal Damage to Home
- Someone broke the exterior glass light fixture attached to the garage of a home in the 700 block of North Street sometime between 9 a.m. Aug. 25 and 3 p.m. Sept. 8, reports said. The estimated value to replace the fixture is $25.
If you have information about this or any other crime in Geneva, please contact the Geneva Police Department at 630-232-4736.