There seems to be a little more graffiti of late, including some gang insignia along with the usual array of defacement. Here's the latest from Geneva police reports:
Criminal Damage to Property—Someone spray painted a stop sign on the southeast corner of McKinley Avenue sometime prior to 9:05 a.m. Jan. 1, reports said. The spray paint read “CCS.” The cost of repairing the damage is unknown.
Criminal Defacement of Property—Someone painted red graffiti on the east side of the building at 321 Stevens St. sometime between midnight Dec. 13 and 9 a.m. Dec. 14, reports said. The owners of the building, Havlicek Properties, said they would remove the graffiti.
Criminal Defacement of Property—Someone spray painted the plastic roof of a playhouse at Island Park, 2 East State St., sometime between noon Dec. 15 and 11:45 a.m. Dec. 16, reports said. A nasty set of words was spray painted on a plastic tree and the letter “B” was painted on a rock nearby, all in brown paint.
- If you have information about this or any other crime in Geneva, please contact the Geneva Police Department at 630-232-4736.
Want to Stay Up on Crime News in and Around Geneva?
- Bookmark Geneva.Patch.Com on your home computer or laptop.
- Like our Geneva Patch Facebook page.
- Follow us on Twitter at @PatchGeneva.
- Sign up for Geneva Patch's newsletter and breaking news alerts .
Click the "Keep Me Posted" button below this text.