St. Charles police reports include the arrests of a couple of Genevans, as well as some interesting cases that Geneva folks might find relevant—from retail thefts to battery of a police officer to identity theft.
Here are some of the updates:
SUNDAY, AUG. 5
Geneva Man Faces Traffic Charges
Gilbert Rangel, 40, of the 100 block of north 3rd Street, Geneva, was charged at 12:40 p.m. at State and north Second streets with driving on a suspended/revoked license and expired vehicle registration. He posted $200 and was released with an order to appear in court Sept. 13.
Aggravated Battery to a Peace Officer
Christopher W. Corby, 45, of the 400 block of Indiana Avenue, was charged at 6:55 p.m. at 20 N. 5th Ave., with aggravated battery of a peace officer, a Class 2 felony. Corby was treated for a medical condition at Delnor Hospital and police then took him to Kane County Jail.
SATURDAY, AUG. 4
Disorderly Conduct/Public Drunkenness
- Andrew Szurko, 21, of 5N881 Route 25, was cited at 1:14 a.m. with disorderly conduct/public drunkenness at 300 W. Main St.
- Ryan P. Johansen, 22, of the 3400 Dover Hill Court, and Christopher M. French, 22, of the 2800 block of Stockberry Lane, were each cited at 1:24 a.m. with disorderly conduct/public drunkenness at 16 S. Riverside Ave.
Criminal Defacement, Spray Paint
- A St. Charles Park District security officer reported at 9:13 a.m. that someone used black spray paint to mark a post at the gazebo and three portable toilets in Lincoln Park, as well as two city crosswalks. Damage was estimated at less than $300.
- Eliza Jane, 322 W. Main St., reported at 9:59 a.m. that someone used black spray paint on the west wall of the business. Damage was estimated at $100.
A woman in the 20 block of Highgate Course reported at 5:33 p.m. that someone had damaged her mailbox using a blunt object. No damage amount was reported.
FRIDAY, AUG. 3
- Derek E. Mooney, 18, of the 500 block of west 3rd Street, West Dundee, and Robert Andrew Higdon, 18, of the 600 block of Algona Avenue, Elgin, were charged with misdemeanor retail theft about 1 p.m. at 3840 E. Main St. Four T-shirts and a button-down shirt with a combined value of $67.94 were recovered. Each posted $200 and was released with an order to appear in court Sept. 6.
- Justin Joseph Ott, 19, of 5N975 Sunset Views Dr., was charged at 7:12 p.m. with retail theft at 855 S. Randall Road. According to police, Ott tried to take a bottle of cherry vodka, strawberry vodka and rum with a combined value of $47.47. He was released with an order to appear in court Sept. 20.
A resident of the 1400 block of Indiana Street reported at 10:02 p.m. that his apartment was burglarized between 5 and 10 p.m. A case of Corona was reported missing.
Unrestrained Child in Vehicle
Nely Aguiler, 24, of the 200 block of north Tyler Road, was charged at 11:21 p.m. at 800 S. Kirk Rd. with no valid driver’s license and failure to use safety restraints for a 4-year-old passenger. She posted bond and was released.
Zachary J. Robinson, 25, of the 700 block of Wild Ginger Road, Sugar Grove, and Garrett R. Nichol, 22, of 6N258 Creekside Dr., St. Charles, were charged at 11:33 p.m. at 200 W. Main St., with violating a local ordinance prohibiting fighting. Each was released on bond.
THURSDAY, AUG. 2
Warrant Arrest in Geneva
Xavier I. Stege, 20, of the 600 block of Hamilton Way, North Aurora, was arrested at 3:49 a.m. at South Randall Road and Fargo Boulevard in Geneva on a St. Charles warrant for failure to appear in court. He was transported to the St. Charles Police Department, where he posted $150 bond and was released with an order to appear in Kane County Branch Court at 10 a.m. Sept. 20.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 1
Kendra L. Rudnicki, 30, of the 500 block of south 15th Court, was charged with disorderly conduct and disorderly conduct/public drunkenness at 9:02 p.m. at 1400 W. Main St. She was released with an order to appear in court.
The owners of Halina’s Residential Placement, of the 800 block of N. 5th Ave., reported at 4:24 p.m. that it had received several telephone threats throughout the afternoon from someone overseas.
Minor in Possession of Alcohol
Sarah Elizabeth Beda, 19, 6N697 Brookhaven Lane, was charged with possession/consumption of alcohol by a minor and failure to yield at an intersection at 8:47 a.m. at McKinley and south 3rd streets. She was released with a notice to appear in court.
License Suspended, Registration Expired
Jon Robert Wilson, 44, the 200 block of south 17th Street, was charged with driving with a revoked/suspended license and operating a vehicle with an expired registration at 12:41 p.m. at 200 S. 17h St. He posted bond and was released.
A couple from the 1100 block of south 13th Street, reported at 5 p.m. that they have been the victims of identity theft. The couple told police they tried to file their tax returns in March and were advised that someone using their Social Security numbers already had done so. Since then, they told police they have been contacted by a bank in Florida about an account there and have been contacted by a collection agency about a $3,000 debt to Verizon that they said they do not owe.
TUESDAY, JULY 31
Peter M. Bojovic, 27, of the 800 block of south 5th Avenue, was charged at 11:58 p.m. with criminal trespass to real property at 1220 Pomeroy Ct.
Police Blotter information is provided by the and other local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.