A malfunction in an attic fan is believed to have caused a blaze Monday night at a St. Charles home, according to local fire officials.
The St. Charles Fire Department was called to 1728 South Fourth Place at 7:21 p.m. for a report of a fire showing from the roof of the one-story, single-family home, according to a St. Charles Fire Department press release. Neighbors called 911 to report the blaze.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in about 15 minutes. No one was home at the time of the blaze and no injuries were reported.
Damage is estimated at $10,000. The St. Charles Fire
Department was assisted by the Geneva, Batavia and West Chicago Fire
Departments. The Elburn Fire Department provided coverage while St. Charles
units were committed to the fire.