The sheriff's unit executed a search warrant at around 6:30 a.m. Sept. 10 at 26 South St. in Elgin. A search of the residence resulted in the seizure of
approximately 30 grams of cocaine, illegally possessed prescription medication and various items of drug paraphernalia, according to a press release from the Sheriff's Office.
Detectives also located a small marijuana growing operation in the house.
The following subjects, both of whom live at the residence, were taken into custody at the residence and transported to the Kane County Adult Justice Center.
Alfonso M. Gallardo, 22, was charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance-cocaine
- Possession of prescription drugs
- Production or Possession of less than 5 cannabis plants
- Unlawful Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Eric C. Nelson, 27, was charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance with the intent to deliver
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia
Patch reports on law enforcement activity, using information provided by official agencies. Persons charged with a crime, or issued a citation for violation of a local ordinance, are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. If you or a family member are charged with a crime or cited for a violation, and the charge or citation is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify Patch editor Rick Nagel at email@example.com and we will do follow-up reporting on the case.