.
News Alert
Man Dies in Weekend Kayak Accident on Fox River…

UPDATE: Batavia Fire Department Quickly Puts Out Fire at Lorlyn Apartments

The fire in a third floor of a three-story apartment building is apparently caused by a malfunctioning electrical outlet.

A small electrical fire at around 3:19 p.m. Tuesday on the third floor of a Lorlyn Apartment building was quickly put out by residents and Batavia firefighters.

Deputy Fire Chief Randy Banker said no one was hurt in the electrical fire in the building at 1005 Lorlyn Circle.

"The residents were home at the time, and they notified us," Banker said.

Firefighters found the fire in the third-floor bedroom. A malfunctioning electrical outlet apparently caused an arc that ignited the bedding, Banker said. Firefighters finished the job started by residents of the building.

"The vast majority of the fire was put out by the occupants," Banker said.

Firefighters were able to leave the scene by about 4:09 p.m., Banker said.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something