Two Geneva fire trucks and a number of emergency personnel reported to a gas leak at around 3:28 p.m. at 321 Stevens St., the home of a number of businesses.
Fire personnel had set up fans near the rear entrance to one of the businesses.
At 4:17 p.m., a Tri-Com report from the scene said firefighters were "continuing to ventilate the building" and were "still waiting for Nicor."
A sign in front of the building says 321 Stevens St. houses Prana Yoga Center, Mitchell Manz Photography, G. Klemm Roofing Co., Cabinets at Danada Studio West, Havlicek Builders Inc., Chef James, Signature Tech Studio and the Water Bowl.
The building is located west of the entrance to Wheeler Park, near West Side Cemetery.
Some employees were standing outside, but there were no signs of a significant evacuation as of 3:50 p.m.
Geneva Patch will follow up when more information is available from official sources.