- Diego Morales, 26, of the 1000 block of Lorlyn Circle, Batavia, was charged with aggravated DUI—no driver's license. He was arrested at 11:14 p.m. on the 300 block of North Avenue, according to a police report. He was transported to the Kane County Jail to await bond call. Morales was also cited for the following:
- Improper lane usage (two citations)
- No valid drivers license
- DUI: BAC. 08 or more
- Dar Fazio, 30, of the 1500 block of Fairway Drive, Lisle, was arrested at 2:17 a.m. on the 300 block of Chestnut Street. He posted $100 on a credit card and his driver's license for bond. Fazio received a Feb. 27 court date. He was also cited for the following:
- DUI: Alcohol
- Operating an uninsured vehicle
- Disobey stop or yield sign (two citations)
- Improper signal (three citations)
Feb. 4: James D. Peters, 50, of the 6N200 block of Woodland Drive, St. Charles, was driving on Route 71 near Legion Road, southwest of Yorkville, when a Kendall County sheriff’s deputy clocked him driving 104 mph in a 55 mph zone about 10:27 p.m. Although the report lacked details, it did state that Peters’ arrest on a charge of speeding was followed with a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol.
Feb. 1: Kathryn Dale Doepke, 22, of the 100 block of South 3rd Street, St. Charles, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, DUI with a blood-alcohol content greater than .08 and improper lane use after the vehicle she was driving struck a parked vehicle in the 100 block of South 3rd Street. Police said her blood-alcohol level was .248, which is three times the legal limit. She was released on her own recognizance pending a Feb. 21 appearance in court.
Police report information is provided by local police departments. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.