A Downers Grove woman was reportedly robbed at gunpoint Sunday night outside her apartment.
Police said the woman was pulling into a parking spot in front of her building—located in the 2200 block of Prentiss Drive—around 6:20 p.m. when she saw a man in a white ski mask walking toward her on a path that stretches from Target, 2333 63rd St. in Woodridge, to her complex.
The man passed the rear of the woman's vehicle, then turned around and approached her with a handgun, police said. The woman told police she immediately put her hands up and started screaming, "Don't shoot me."
The man reportedly reached into the vehicle and grabbed the woman's gray purse, which contained about $60 cash, medication, makeup and other miscellaneous items. He then left the scene, running eastbound in the parking lot.
The woman told police the encounter lasted only 20 to 30 seconds.
Police said the man was described as white, approximately 6 feet tall with a thin build and wearing a black sweater and black pants.
Looking for more Downers Grove police news?
- Man Tried to Lure 13-Year-Old Boy into Car in Downers Grove: Police
- Downers Grove Woman Gets 8 Years for Shooting Boyfriend Through Bedroom Door
- Police: Woman Tried to Lure Young Boy Near Downers Grove Elementary School
- No Charges Expected Following Death of Downers Grove Teen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Downers Grove news: