Maybe they were Valentine's Day gifts.
Very expensive Valentine's Day gifts, in fact.
Two retail thefts in this week's Geneva police reports including one valuable shoulder bag from a downtown shop and two bottles of perfume from a retail store in the Geneva Commons.
Retail Theft—Someone too a “Valentino” Rockstud leopard calf hair hobo shoulder bag from Jobella, 310 Campbell St., sometime between 2 p.m. Jan. 26 and noon Jan. 30, Geneva police report. The store owner told police the shoulder bag’s estimated value is $2,895.
Retail Theft—Someone took two bottles of women’s fragrance from Ulta, 1560 S. Randall Road, at around 6:14 p.m. Jan. 31, Geneva police reports said. A store employee told police that a white male subject walked to the women’s fragrance section, removed two bottles from the display and placed them in his jacket pocket. The man left the store immediately, walked north through the parking lot, got into a small vehicle and drove south on Randall Road, reports said. The bottles of perfume had a total value of $183.
- If you have information about this or any other crime in Geneva, please contact the Geneva Police Department at 630-232-4736.
Want to Stay Up on Crime News in and Around Geneva?
- Bookmark Geneva.Patch.Com on your home computer or laptop.
- Like our Geneva Patch Facebook page.
- Follow us on Twitter at @PatchGeneva.
- Sign up for Geneva Patch's newsletter and breaking news alerts .
Click the "Keep Me Posted" button below this text.