The businesses included package liquors, as well as restaurants and taverns.
The following businesses failed the checks:
- Smash Burger, 842 N. Randall Road
- Chili’s Grill and Bar, 491 N. Randall Road
- El Casanova, 1890 Mill St.
- Pepe’s, 4 S. Van Buren St.
- Aliano’s, 90 N. Island Ave.
- East China Inn, 140 W. Wilson St.
- East China Inn, 9 S. Randall Road
- Gammon Coach House, 3 S. Batavia Ave.
- Open Range American Grill, 35 N. Water St.
- Pal Joey’s Pizza, 31 N. River St.
- Berkley’s Finer Foods, 28 S. Van Buren St.
- Windmill City Liquors, 101 S. Batavia Ave.
- Aldi’s Foods, 451 N. Randall Road
All servers, bartenders and clerks who served the minors while supervised by police officers were issued Notice to Appear citations and will appear in Kane County Branch Court.
Mayor Jeff Schielke, as liquor commissioner, will be reviewing all violations for possible administrative sanctions, as well.