To the voters of Kane County:
As the Nov. 6 General Election nears, you will have the opportunity to choose your coroner. The voters of Kane County have two choices: Rob Russell or Tao Martinez.
Let’s examine the record of the two candidates:
* Only One has investigated complicated deaths.
* Only One will implement the “Team Approach” to death investigation securing the respect and cooperation of local, state and national agencies involved in the investigation of deaths.
* Only One understands that the office of coroner is an investigative / administrative position.
* Only One understands and has the knowledge of the budget process.
* Only One has committed to be a full-time professional coroner.
Both candidates deserve your consideration, but Only One deserves your vote.
I ask that you support and vote for Rob Russell.
Dennis J. Miller
DeKalb County coroner
The ideas expressed in letters to the editor do not necessarily reflect the beliefs of Patch. We encourage readers with differing viewpoints to submit their own letter to the editor by email to Ted.Schnell@Patch.com.