Geneva Middle School South placed four teams in the top 10 at the Troy Cross Country Invitational
Sept. 15, 2012 – The Troy Invitational Cross Country Meet took place at the Hammel Woods course in Shorewood, IL on Saturday. With nearly 50 schools and over 1,700 runners competing, this is the biggest regular-season, middle school meet in the state. Each school can only send their top 15 runners, so the competition is fierce. The meet consists of six races: 6th Grade Girls – 1 mile, 6th Grade Boys – 1 mile, 7th Grade Girls – 2 miles, 7th Grade Boys – 2 miles, 8th Grade Girls – 2 miles and 8th Grade Boys – 2 miles.
Geneva Middle School South finished strong at both team and individual levels. Four of their six teams finished in the top 10 out of nearly 50 schools:
- 6th Grade Boys - 2nd Place with 92 points
- 8th Grade Boys - 5th place with 165 points
- 7th Grade Girls – 8th place with 236 points
- 6th Grade Girls – 10th place with 372 points
Geneva Middle School South placed six runners in the Top 25:
- 6th Grade Boys – Ryan Kredell placed 5th, Josh Rodgers place 8th and Alex Sharp placed 14th out of 337 runners.
- 8th Grade Boys – Quinn Gratz placed 7th and Scott Creger placed 22nd out of 280 runners.
- 8th Grade Girls – Gabby Thomson placed 22nd out of 277 runners.
Geneva Middle School North placed two of their teams in the top 10 out of nearly 50 schools:
- 6th Grade Girls – 7th Place with 229 points
- 6th Grade Boys – 9th Place with 326 points
Geneva Middle School North placed four runners in the Top 25:
- 6th Grade Girls – Stephanie Howe placed 5th and Amanda Rose placed 22nd out of 348 runners.
- 6th Grade Boys – Jack McDonald placed 16th out of 337 runners.
- 7th Grade Boys – Josh Hartsock placed 4th out of 266 runners.
Overall, it was a very successful cross country meet for both schools.