The Third Annual "Cottages in the Woods" Scandinavian Holiday Giftables & Goodies Sale takes place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 19, at Good Templar Park.
Eleven Scandinavian cottages open their doors to visitors at Good Templar Park, 628 East Side Drive, Geneva.
A $5 donation per car for parking is appreciated.
Among the presentations at various cottages:
- Jul Tomte (Santa) and Lucia invite you to experience Scandinavian faire that will delight all your senses in the beautiful wooded grounds of .
- Tomte's Workshop: Dalamaling and hand carved Dala horse demonstrations by Ted Bowman.
- Gnomeo & Juliet's: Wool Crafting and delicious lefsa
- Lucia's Jul Stuga: Swedish legends shared by costumed Lucia in an enchanting Swedish Christmas cottage
- Jul Hus: Imported Scandinavian gifts and decor
- Butik Crafts: Handcrafted soy candles and accessories
- Svea's Saga: Folklore and history of Good Templar Park and the Viking Ship shared by members
- Simply Scandinavian: Home decor and handmade textile items
- Holly Hus: Sven Flickas (lady cottage owners) present handcrafted items for the home and gifts
- Dala's Deals & Eve's Creations: Resale Boutique brimming with gently used home decor, books and children's items & Eve's artistic items
- Simply Scandinavian: Home Decor and handmade textile items
- Pepparkakor Hus & Swedie Pies Bageri: Enjoy Jul Brew and baked goods by the fireplace as you explore Scandinavian craft demonstrations
- Ligonberry Cafe: Scandinavian lunch, Swedish Yellow Split Pea Soup & Treats with Scandinavian flavor
A great Saturday shopping adventure for family and friends awaits in the beautiful woods of Good Templar Park!