FREE FUN RUN - 2 mile and 4 mile Race
Want to burn up 1000 calories before that big Thanksgiving Meal? Then we invite you to come out and run with us - join the Batavia Accelerators in a Thankful Fun Run on Thanksgiving morning starting on the Great Western Trailhead at 8:30am.
- Registration begins at 8am. Races start at 8:30am. COST IS FREE!!!
- Show us your running spirit and wear your favorite race tee.
- Pass along your good fortune and bring a small item for donation to the Batavia Food Pantry.
- All ages and abailities are welcome to run either the 2 mile or 4 mile race...or be brave, burn extra Turkey Day calories and run both!
- Dessert-walk finish prizes. Bring a dessert to share for each child participant if you want to participate. No matter which race a child participates in, based on the child’s finish place, they will get to pick a dessert to bring home.
- Mile markers at each mile.
- Finishers will be given their times and results will be posted to the Batavia Accelerators web page.
The Batavia Accelerators are a local Cross Country and Track Club with an emphasis on having fun while competing in cross country meets, track meets and road races in the Chicago area. Beginner and experienced athletes are welcome. We are family oriented and welcome parent participation in club activities. We practice throughout the year and compete in events during all four seasons. There is no cost to join the club. You do not have to be a member to run with us...ALL ARE WELCOME!
You do not need to be a resident of Batavia to run with the Accelerators.