A collection of confectionary craftsmen from the soon-to-open Sweet Natalie's will pass out goodies during downtown Trick-r-Treating.
Sweet Natalie’s, the umbrella operation for 10 separate bakeries, is located in the venerable Charles B. Wells House, 228 S. 3rd St.
Ilene Keivel of One Smart Cookie Chicago described the business model as a farmers market for the sweet tooth.
Along with Keivel’s cookie creations, other businesses joining Sweet Natalie’s are:
- Auntie Debbie’s Delites & More -- Bakers of “waist-friendly” delights
- Red Wall Kitchen -- A wheat and dairy free bakery
- Bite of Heaven -- Makers of cheesecakes and brownies
- Piece of Cake -- Custom cakes by Mark (featured on the Food Network)
- Big Italian -- Italian cuisine
- Sweet Escapes – Miniature desserts
- Momma D’s -- Tiramisu
- FreshGround Roasting – Local Specialty coffee
- The Sweet Rhino -- Cupcakes and cinnamon rolls
Although Sweet Natalie's will not officially open until early November, the various bakers will provide samples of their wares Oct. 25.