Woodstock Public Library Selected as Kick Off Site for Dennis Anderson Town Hall Tour
Dennis Anderson, Democratic
Candidate for Illinois‘ 14th U.S. Congressional District, announced
today an extensive town hall tour kicking off at the Woodstock Public Library
on Thursday, May 22 at 7:00 PM. The tour will extend throughout the campaign
season and include at least two visits to every county in the District. All constituents in IL-14 are invited to
attend and encouraged to bring questions for the candidate.
The Anderson Campaign is observing the time-honored American tradition of the open political town hall forum as a highly effective way for candidates to directly talk to constituents regardless of party affiliation. All town halls will be open to the public, promoted via print and social media, and scheduled in the evening to meet the needs of working constituents.
“Throughout the country – including here in the Illinois 14th – we’ve seen a reluctance on the part of incumbents to participate in unscripted public forums with constituents, particularly in joint forums with their challengers,” states Anderson. “I believe that town halls are a valuable opportunity for candidates and constituents to meet and to hear from one another.”
Currently, the following town halls are scheduled:
- Thursday, May 22, 7:00 to 8:30 PM, Woodstock Public Library, 414 W Judd St., Woodstock
- Wednesday, May 28, 7:30 to 9:30 PM, The American Legion, 510 E. Dearborn St., Plano
- Tuesday, June 3, 7:15 to 8:30 PM, Baker Community Center, 101 S. 2nd Street, St. Charles
- Wednesday, June 25, 6:45 to 8:15 PM, Sandwich Public Library, 107 E Center St., Sandwich
- Tuesday, July 15, 6:30 to 8:00 PM, Plainfield Public Library, 15025 S. Illinois Street, Plainfield
- Further dates and venues to be announced
For more information and to check for future
town hall dates, go to: http://www.dennisanderson14.com/calendar_of_events
A resident of Gurnee, Illinois, Dennis Anderson is the Democratic candidate for the United States Congress for Il-14, a seat currently held by Republican Randy Hultgren. Visit www.dennisanderson14.com.