The Geneva History Center will unveil the 5th Annual Geneva Giving Trees at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27. There will be 15 Christmas trees decorated by various nonprofit groups that serve the Geneva area.
Each tree is decorated in accordance with each organization's mission and areas of service. The organizations include:
- American Cancer Society
- Ecker Center for Mental Health
- Finally Home Holistic Recovery and Adoption
- Fox Valley Troop Support
- Fox Valley Volunteer Hospice
- Geneva Academic Foundation
- Geneva Park District
- Girl Scouts of the USA Geneva Service Unit
- The Greater Geneva Art Guild
- Hearts of Hope
- Kiwanis Club of Geneva
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness DeKalb
- Kane-South, & Kendall Counties, Inc. (NAMI DKK)
- Tri-City Family Services
- VNA Health Care
The public is invited to vote for their favorite tree with their dollars from Nov. 27 until Dec. 27 at the Geneva History Center or online atwww.genevahistorycenter.org. The winning organization will keep 100 percent of the funds pledged to support their tree. The remaining organizations will split their winnings with the Geneva History Center.
The winner will be announced at 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 28 at a press conference at the Geneva History Center, 113 South Third St., Geneva.
For more information, please contact the Geneva History Center at 630-232-4951.