Good morning, and Happy Week, Geneva! Of course, Swedish Says start Tuesday and go through Sunday. In the meantime, here are five things you should about what's happening Monday.
1. WeatherChannel.com is reporting strong thunderstorms in the area with a high of 84 degrees. The possibility of severe weather will continue throughout the week—but Laura Rush assures us that it will not rain on Swedish Days.
2. The will meet at 7 p.m. in . This meeting is open to the public and interested parties may address the board at the end of the meeting.
3. Geneva begins at 4 p.m. on the Third Street Stage, located at West State Street and North Third Street. The winner will perform at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 23, before the main act during .
4. Brush pick-up for Geneva residents west of the Fox River begins at 7 a.m. Please adhere to the city's guidelines when placing brush curb-side or it will not be removed. You may click here to review brush requirements.
5. Roadwork will begin on Silver Glen Road, from Route 47 to Corron Road. Please use caution when driving in work zones and allow for longer than normal travel times.