For the fourth year, many retail storefront windows in downtown Geneva will truly be “alive” with the spirit of the holiday. Joining in the fun will be mannequin brides at Crystal Bride, State Street Dance Studio ballerinas at Ella’s Pink Bowtique, artisans working in the window at State Street Jewelers and Proud Fox Galleries.
The traditional Christmas Walk begins with the Geneva Chamber of Commerce's Christmas Walk and House Walk on Dec. 7. At 6 p.m. Santa Lucia, the Swedish symbol of the season, and her attendants arrive by horse-drawn carriage to offer Swedish cookies to visitors. Santa makes his appearance to light the Great Tree on the courthouse lawn and officially opens his Gingerbread House at 6:30 p.m.
You are then invited to enjoy an evening of holiday shopping and dining in historic Geneva and delight in chestnuts roasting, strolling carolers, freshly-made candy canes and hot cider, and live mannequin windows.
After your family greets Santa, from 7-9 p.m., make your way along State Street and then down Third Street. The Geneva History Center windows will feature a few of the animated dolls that graced Geneva retail windows in the 1960s. You can also stop and admire the local students and artisans, and special displays in the windows at these Geneva businesses.
- ANEW, 27 West State St.
- Wild Roots, 111 West State St.
- Bicycle Heaven, 124 West State St.
- Cradles and All, 205 West State St.
- Halsa, the Aromatherapy Shop, 202 West State St.
- Crystal Bride, 207 West State St.
- Strawflower Shop, 210 West State St.
- Geneva Running Outfitters, 210 West State St.
- Lela's Une Unique Boutique, 211 West State St.
- State Street Jewelers, 214 West State St.
- Design Essentials, 219 West State St.
- Good Cents Children, 220 West State St.
- The Sugar Path, 315 West State St.
- Galena Garlic, 318 West State St.
- Artemisia, 101 S. Third St.
- Geneva History Center, 113 S. Third St.
- Geneva Jakes, 407 S. Third St.
- Ella's Pink Boutique, 500 S. Third St.
SOURCE: City of Geneva Economic Development Department