Writtern by Linda Hersey (Editor)
Back-to-school backpacks need to be sturdy, kid-friendly — and affordable. As families do their back-to-school shopping, here are tips on where to find the best backpack deals:
1) Whether it's a Hello Kitty backpack or a hip-looking monotone backpack, Target has a selection that is sure to please kids of ages and be light on the wallet. The backpacks range from $12 to $15. There are Target locations in the Tri-Cities at:
2) Walmart's Eastport backpacks will suit the older student and come in a variety of colors. The Eastport Round Backpack rings in at $14.88. Tri-Cities Walmarts are located at:
3) Big Lots is advertising backpacks for between $9 and $12. Big Lots can be hit or miss. Better to arrive early before the shelves are cleaned out by shoppers. Find the Big Lots stores closest to the Tri-Cities using Big Lots’ store locator.
4) Some of the best deals are online. Check out Overstock.com for an assortment of backpacks at affordable prices. Keep in mind shipping costs.
5) Sears' backpacks tend to be for the younger set and not the high schooler. They include a boys' backpack with lunch kit for $15.
6) Geneva High School backpacks — with school logos and emblems — are available at prepsportwear.com. These aren't the best prices but they are very cool.