Bus routes have been finalized, and you can find out more about routes for individual schools at the Geneva School District 304 website and these links:
- Geneva High School
- Geneva Middle School (updated 8.13.13)
- Fabyan Elementary School
- Harrison Street Elementary School
Heartland Elementary School (updated 8.15.13)
Mill Creek Elementary School
- Mill Creek Elementary School
- Western Avenue Elementary School
- Williamsburg Elementary School (updated 8.19.13)
- St. Peter's/Faith Christian schools
- GMS Activity Routes
Keeping Bus-Riders Safe
Before children go back to school or start school for the first time, it is essential that adults and children know and adhere to traffic safety rules provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Walk with your kids to the bus stop and wait with them until it arrives. Tell kids to stand at least three giant steps away from the curb as the bus approaches and board the bus one at a time.
- Teach kids to wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before getting off and never to walk behind the bus.
- If your child needs to cross the street after exiting the bus, he or she should take five giant steps in front of the bus, make eye contact with the bus driver and cross when the driver indicates it’s safe. Teach kids to look left, right and left again before crossing the street.
- Instruct younger kids to use handrails when boarding or exiting the bus. Be careful of straps or drawstrings that could get caught in the door. If your children drop something, they should tell the bus driver and make sure the bus driver is able to see them before they pick it up.
- Drivers should always follow the speed limit and slow down in school zones and near bus stops. Remember to stay alert and look for kids who may be trying to get to or from the school bus.
- Slow down and stop if you’re driving near a school bus that is flashing yellow or red lights. This means the bus is ether preparing to stop (yellow) or already stopped (red) and children are getting on or off.
Want more tips about how to keep your kids safe on or around school buses? Read more from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Bus Routes Now Available on District 304 Website
- Where to Find Backpacks for $15 and Less in and Around…
- In Geneva, the Worst Thing About Heading Back to School Is …
- 5 Easy School Lunch Ideas in Time For Geneva's First Day of…
- How To Get Your Kids Back On The School-Sleeping Schedule
- What Day Does School Start in Geneva, IL?
- 5 Laugh-Out-Loud Blogs to Start the School Year